- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Gall bladder Surgery
- Inguinal Hernia Treatment
- Piles Treatment
- Anal Fissure
- Overall experience was good and he diagnosed in a very good manner.I would like recommend his to the other patients as well. View all Testimonials...
- What is Appendix and where is it situated in the abdomen?
Appendix is a 3-4 inches long tubular structure attached at the junction of small and large intestine in the abdomen. It is a vestigial structure in human beings.
- What is the Appendicitis?
Inflammation of Appendix is known as Appendicitis
- What are the symptoms of Appendicitis ?
Triad of symptoms i.e. Pain right lower abdomen, vomiting and fever
- What are the complications of Appendicitis?
Appendicular perforation & spread of pus into the whole of abdomen if timely surgery is not done
- What is the treatment of Appendicitis & period of recovery after Appendectomy?
Emergency removal of Appendix ( Appendisectomy / Appendectomy) which maybe performed by open or laparoscopic approach. Recovery time is 2-3 days after laparoscopic surgery and about 7-10 days after open surgery
- How is Laparoscopic Appendectomy Surgery performed ( Surgical Procedure )?
It is performed under general anaesthesia making small key holes in the abdomen through which the telescope and thin & long instruments are introduced and surgery is performed by seeing inside of the abdomen on a TV monitor and diseased appendix is removed
- What is the severity of post Appendectomy pain?
Pain after Appendectomy (Laparoscopic) is mild while after open surgery is moderate
- What is the cost of surgery?
The surgical package costs between Rs 25,000 and 60,000 in a private hospital in Delhi ( India ) depending upon the type of room and hospital