- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Gall bladder Surgery
- Inguinal Hernia Treatment
- Piles Treatment
- Anal Fissure
- Overall experience was good and he diagnosed in a very good manner.I would like recommend his to the other patients as well. View all Testimonials...
Inguinal Hernia Treatment
- What is Inguinal Hernia?
Normally abdominal contents like small and large intestines, urinary bladder and omentum etc are contained inside abdominal cavity surrounded by abdominal muscles. In case of weakness of abdominal wall muscles these abdominal contents may protrude out of abdomen and form a swelling. If this swelling appears in groin area it is known as Inguinal hernia or groin hernia
- What are the Inguinal Hernia Causes?
- Congenital ( Since birth )
- Weakness of abdominal wall muscles
- Increase in intra-abdominal pressure due to various causes like chronic constipation, chronic cough and chronic obstruction in urinary flow
- What are the Inguinal Hernia Symptoms?
Symptoms for Inguinal Hernia include reducible Swelling with pain in the groin region appearing on coughing and straining is more common in males
- What are the Inguinal Hernia Complications?
Obstruction & strangulation of intestines
- What is the treatment of Inguinal Hernia & period of recovery?
- Inguinal Hernia Surgery is the only treatment available & there are two types of Inguinal Hernia surgical procedures
- Open Meshplasty
- Laparoscopic Meshplasty
- Recovery time is 3-4 days after laparoscopic surgery and about 2 weeks after open surgery
- How is Laparoscopic Surgery performed (Surgical Procedure)?
It is performed under general anaesthesia making small key holes in the abdomen through which the telescope and thin & long instruments are introduced and surgery is performed by seeing inside of the abdomen on a TV monitor
- What is the cost of surgery?
The surgical package costs between Rs 30,000 and 70,000 in a private hospital for inguinal hernia treatment in Delhi ( India ) depending upon the type of room
- What are the precautions after hernia surgery?
Avoiding lifting heavy weight, Recurrent cough & constipation should be avoided and should be treated promptly if they appear