- 13 year(s) of experience
- MBBS, 2002 University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
- MS - General Surgery, 2007 Shyam Shah Medical College and Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Rewa
- DNB, 2008 National Board of Examination
- MNAMS: 2011 (member national academy of medical sciences) - AIIMS
- Trained in Minimal Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery in Singaporeat the National University Hospital under the guidance of distinguished Laparoscopic SurgeonProf. Davide Lomanto
- Schooling New Era Public School, Delhi
- Fellow – Minimal access Surgery NUH – Singapore
- FIAGES, 2011 fellow of The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- FMAS, 2012 fellow 0f minimal access surgery awarded by association of minimal access surgeons of India
- FCLS: fellow, 2013 international college of laparoscopic surgeons
A few words about Dr. Amit Agarwal
Dr. Amit Agarwal is a General and Laparoscopic surgeon based in Delhi. He is currently working as a senior consultant in B.L. Kapur Super specialty Hospital, Delhi. After having graduated from the University College of Medical sciences, Delhi, Dr. Amit did his M.S. in surgery from Shyam Shah Medical College, M.P. He then moved on to his residency in general and laparoscopic surgery which he completed form Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital (LNJP) and Deen Dayal Hospital (DDU) in Delhi. During this period he also managed to acquire his D.N.B. in general surgery. Having keen interest in Laparoscopic surgery Dr. Amit then pursued a fellowship course in Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric surgery at the National University Hospital, Singapore. Being trained by the likes of senior and distinguished laparoscopic and bariatric surgeons like Prof. Davide Lomanto, Dr. Amit acquired distinguished laparoscopic skills and mastered both basic and advanced laparoscopic surgeries.
He has also credited to his account a number of international publications in the field of both laparoscopic and bariatric surgery. He has been a part of the organizing as well as training team in a number of laparoscopic master classes and conferences. He also has quite a few lectures in such conferences to his credit. Currently Dr. Amit is running a successful practice in Delhi in the field of General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery. He has many happy patients added to his logbook.
Dr. Amit Agarwal firmly believes that the most important part of a surgical team's job is to make the experience of the patients as stress free as possible. His team understands the physical as well as mental stress that is associated with even a minor surgery. They understand that this stress extends not only to the patient but also to the family. That is why Dr. Amit ensures that his team works great deal to relieve the stress of the patient and family to as much extent as possible.
This involves the pre operative counseling of the patient along with his family. Proper optimization of all required parameters before surgery is very important for his team. All measures are taken for the smooth running of the operation process. In the post operative phase Dr. Amit likes to be around his patients as much as possible to answer to all their needs and queries. He takes great pains so that none of his patients or family members of patients should feel neglected or left alone.
- Constantly been involved in undergraduate and post graduate (MS and DNB teaching)
- Currently involved in formulating academic program and teaching of DNB students at Dr. BL Kapur Hospital New Delhi
- Is involved in organizing conferences and workshops both national and international
Lectures and presentations
Has delivered more than 20 lectures and papers in national and international conferences of repute including lecture delivered at international conference at SingaporeLecture on
- Clinicopathological study of abdominal tuberculosis – National Annual conference Rewa M.P.
- Learning curve in SILS – NUH Singapore
- Mesh related infections in hernia surgery – Annual congress of Asia pacific hernia society held at jaipur
- Spigelean hernia – diagnostic dilemma and laparoscopic management – at national conference of delhi chapter ASI held at RML hospital Delhi
- Numerous other presentations
- Member, Associations of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Member, Hernia Society of India (HSI)
- Member, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS)
- Member, Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Member, Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Member, SELSI
Publications and Research Work
- Manuscript entitled "Single Port Access Adrenalectomy: Our Initial Experience" published in Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Technique - J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2011 Sep 29.
- Manuscript entitled “Single-incision Laparoscopic Appendectomy: Prospective Case Series at a Single Centre in Singapore” published in the Surgical Laparoscopy Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques - Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011 Oct;21(5):318-21.
- Manuscript entitled “Large lymphangioma presenting as irreducible inguinal hernia: a rare presentation and literature review” approved for publication in Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore.
- Manuscript entitled "Bariatric Surgery in Singapore from 2005-2009" published in Asian Journal of Surgery Asian J Surg. 2013 Jan;36(1):36-9.
- Manuscript entitled "Gossypiboma presenting as a diagnostic dilemma: a case report and review of literature" published in Case Reports in Surgery Case Rep Surg. 2014;2014:713428. doi: 10.1155/2014/713428
- Manuscript entitled "A complex fistula in ANO presenting as a soft tissue tumor" published in International journal of surgery case reports Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014;5(6):298-301.
- Manuscript entitled " Spigelian hernia: a diagnostic dilemma and laparoscopic management." published in Indian Journal of Surgery - Indian J Surg. 2015 Apr;77(Suppl 1):35-7. doi: 10.1007/s12262-014-1085-7. Epub 2014 May 6. PMID:25972637